Where Have I Been?


A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms.
 Effortlessly.

Hello my darlings, I know what you're all wondering: Where has The Wife Life been? Well in all honesty, I wasn't lead to write for about 2 weeks, each time I tried to, nothing would come to my spirit, at first I was calm about it, but once the 2nd week began to roll into the 3rd, I can honestly say that it began to bother me because I knew that I usually post every Tuesday and Thursday and I was ready to write, eager even, but alas, as we all know, when you operate in flesh or rush the things of God, your plans usually don't succeed. So anyway, I decided to announce when I would be writing again and I disobeyed God, you see even though He gave me the release to write again, I was told not to announce when I would be returning but because of my flesh, I thought nothing of it and went ahead and announced when I would be writing again. I SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT! Instantly, what I was originally given to write was swiped away, the enemy began playing with my mind and old pop ups began to show themselves... So yeah, I don't care how big or small an instruction from the Lord may seem to you but when He says move this way or that way at this time, please just listen the first time.

Even though it seems like forever since I have written and had my little disobedience experience, God's still been moving like a wildfire throughout our lives. 2018 just hit and there's been an enormous overflow of blessings for the ones who've been enduring through their tough times. A lot of new things have been happening in my life as well, I'm just excited and grateful to God for everything He's been doing and is going to do and has already done! There's been a change in my praise though, I use to yell out to God when other people would get blessed and I would shout my hardest when I received something. Now, even though this may come off as a small or minor detail, it actually isn't, you see, as people of God, we are here to celebrate and glorify His name when He makes miraculous moves and to just praise and worship Him for who He is. I've notice though, that a lot of people go in harder in the spirit when they receive a prophetic word or blessing for themselves and YES I can honestly say that I WAS one of those people. Even during my times when I prayed, I went into specific detail about my needs and my husband and etc but when someone came across my mind, I just pleaded the blood. Now, yes, the blood works, it's just that when the Holy Spirit shows you something specific, make sure you do all that you're suppose to. Like maybe you were shown this to pray for their specific needs or even give them a call to give words of encouragement. So once this began to sink into my spirit, I make sure now that I praise and shout to God as hard as I can for others as I do for myself. We all want God to heal, deliver, and set us free and bless us with homes and jobs and spiritual growth and we all love Him as well. There's nothing wrong with going in hard for others when God answers their prayers, it shows your heart and true intention. There's nothing to prove to anyone either because, as we all know, God knows all and sees all. So what do you look like in your walk?

It's been forever since I've written and to be honest, I almost let the enemy slip into my mind to make me lose interest in something that I'm passionate about. The enemy started throwing thoughts in my head and for a short while I began to believe them.. I started to believe that this blog was useless and that it wasn't helping anyone, I started to believe the imaginary curve balls the enemy threw BUT GOD!!! The enemy wanted me to give up so badly, he wanted to shut down my praise and all BUT GOD!!! A little background side note: I've been writing ever since the 7th grade, I took great joy in it. I loved the fact that it was my way of escape when I felt lonely, upset, unwanted, and unlovable. I especially got creative in writing during the times I was being bullied. But..once I gave my life to Christ, I wasn't writing the same, I hardly wrote at all. You see, even though I wrote when I was younger, I wasn't writing the things of God and my foundation wasn't Him. Once I gave my life to Christ everything changed and I praise God that my writing has changed as well to give Him all the glory and to have a new passion in encouraging/helping people through writing. Glory to God.

In my time of absence, I've had a lot of time to remember and reflect on my "WHY". What I mean by that for me personally is, remembering and reflecting on why I was given this blog in the first place, why did God want me to start this blog. I was reminded of my "WHY" and God started to do a new thing in me and pretty much knocked me upside my head to get back focused on Him and His plan. As some of you who know me personally, if it was up to me, I would never share and put myself in an uncomfortable situation. As we all know in order to grow you have to go through uncomfortable situations and conquer your fears to blossom in God's presence. I truly do appreciate and love you all so much. I had a major wake up call and I had to remember to embrace and be who God called me to be and not worry about what anyone else had to say about me. I had to remember that when things aren't looking the best to me, God is still working ESPECIALLY behind the scenes. When you're in the middle of the storm, God is your only way out. He is the umbrella that you hold onto and the word of God is your rain coat and rain boots. Lean on the Word of God to constantly remind yourself who you are in Him.

One of the scriptures I've been holding on tightly to is: Galatians 6:9 NLT "So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the RIGHT time we will REAP a harvest of BLESSING if we DON'T GIVE UP!!!" I've been holding onto this scripture tightly and it keeps me going and just the other day I was set free through the Lord and even though this was great since I gave everything to the Lord, the enemy was trying to buzz around my ear like a bumblebee struggling in the rain, but God! Know this: Who the Son sets free is free indeed (John 8:36) I am here to encourage all of you to get delivered from people's opinions! It doesn't matter if what you're doing looks crazy or others don't agree because when God has breathed on you to do a thing, YOU BE OBEDIENT TO THE LORD NO MATTER WHAT!!! NEVER forget who YOU are because YOU ARE WHO GOD HAS CALLED YOU TO BE! Now embrace it! EFFORTLESSLY! It feels good to be back! As always: Stay Blessed & Encouraged:)




Comments