Getting Better For Christ

Lately, I have found myself wanting to be better in my walk of faith. Not to gain someone's position or to receive a pat on the back and not to be better than someone else. I've found myself wanting to be better for the Lord because He's been too good to me. I have begun to make it my goal to be pleasing to His will and way over my own more and more everyday. This has started to shift my will into becoming His will. I only want whatever it is that He wants for me. I know that personally, it's time do better. On my end, I've begun to guard my eyes and ears more from the things that I watch/read/listen to. Not everything is worth the time and if you're not careful, whatever toxic thing that you are consuming will definitely poison your walk of faith. Now this isn't saying that I have been lacking in doing the things that I should be doing, I have just come to realize that there's so much more that I could be doing. I don't ever want to become stagnant or remain stuck in routine because I know that when the Lord asks me did I do ALL that I was called to do, I need to be able to answer Him confidently AND truthfully. On my own time lately I've been reading and actually studying the Bible more and actually going over notes from sermons. Taking notes during services helps me out personally because it gives me what I need to look back on during the week if I ever need a pick-me-up. Sometimes we can forget about that on time word from God when we need it the most. I strongly recommend that you begin take notes during services and Bible studies (if it doesn't distract you from paying attention at the time).

Now for me, I want to be better for Him, each day I want to be able to do some kind of work that is pleasing to the Father. Whether it be praying for those who I either don't talk to as much or  people I don't know at all. Being better for Christ and falling in love with Him all over again has been a refreshing thought in my mind for the past week now. I find myself just wanting to read and study His word all the time now. I had the same feeling when I first got saved but as time flew by, I lost my zeal to go in for Jesus on certain areas of this walk and I don't mind telling you guys this at all. I'm pretty sure we've all had our times of when we weren't really giving God ALL of us or SERIOUSLY putting Him first before ANY AND EVERYTHING. Personally, being better for Him has made me push harder, from reading to praying to speaking life over myself and others. It's also formed a certain boldness within me, as in if ungodly conversations try to rise up, I'm not hesitant to shut it down. It's also been revealing areas of myself as well when it comes down to how far God has carried me and how much improvement needs to take place.

We all have areas that we need to improve in, whether it be dealing with emotional wounds or praying for people that we aren't close to. I've noticed that it can be a very humbling experience when God lays someone on your heart to pray for that you don't usually talk to or hang out with. I say that it is a humbling experience because when you are obedient and begin genuinely praying for them in whatever the Holy Ghost reveals, they end up blessing you, getting a miracle blessing or telling you how they feel restored, all glory to God, and the crazy thing is, you never even have to tell them that you've been praying for them! It humbles you because God begins to show you that you can't just pick and choose who to love and who to help out. You don't have to be close to that person but when you claim to be a child of God and you claim that you show the love of Christ, your card gets pulled and it'll show God if you meant what you said or not.

I've begun to spend less and less time online and shortening the time that I do spend online, it's been making a huge difference lately because I know that (from my past experiences) when you constantly read/follow/watch anything that's depressing or petty or anything foul, it can creep up onto you and you'll begin to pick up those bad traits. I've done "social media clean outs" where if anything that doesn't benefit my walk with Christ is just lingering around, it has to go and this has made a huge difference. Sometimes people "bleed where they lead" on social media and they upload subliminal messages as well that can rub off on you. There has been many times where if I read a post that came off as petty, depressing and or just plain crazy, that stuff would try to rub off on me and I would immediately have to bind it up and cover myself and repent for whatever thought might've popped in my head. Again, I don't sugar coat on this blog so I have no problem letting you all in for these moments. When you begin to mature, you recognize that it becomes necessary to admit your faults and admit when you were wrong. Looking at yourself becomes a priority because you know that if it wasn't for God, you wouldn't be here. There's too much work to be done in the Kingdom!

I know that personally, I don't want God to view me as lukewarm. I want to be on fire for God and the same way that people have prayed for me and blessed me, I need to do so in return and whoever He lays on my heart to do so, I must be obedient and just let Him have His way. Now, I'm not saying that it'll just come easy, if you find yourself struggling with praying for someone you usually don't talk to or you can't genuinely praise God for them when they get blessed or need to be refilled, then you've got some work to do with that flesh. You've got to kill it off! Remember, the only thing that is holding you back is you! The enemy is already defeated, your situation is already turned around. But if you let your mind become contaminated by old and hateful ways of thinking then you're holding yourself back. Can you honestly look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that you are genuinely praying for someone that God laid on your heart? Especially if that someone is a person who could've used you, spread lies about you, and or came against you?! Do you have a heart of forgiveness, look at the hard areas of yourself, what are you doing to improve? There's an anointing on your life and it's there so that you can be used by Him not so that you can pretend to be all high and mighty.

Do you remember all the questions and curiosity you had when you first came to Christ? Did you fall off? What made you put certain things/people before God? It's time to get better for Christ, remember how you were washed clean of your sins and made new. Remember all of the things that God shielded and protected you from before AND after accepting Jesus Christ. How often are you being a willing vessel? This isn't just a Sunday hobby, this is a 24/7 365 LIFESTYLE! Take a look at yourself and improve in the areas that need it. Strive to be pleasing to Him and let His will be done. I pray that this encourages whoever reads this. I pray that you will begin to improve on the areas in your life that need it, stop licking your wounds and returning to your vomit. (Check out Proverbs 26:11). You have a purpose on your life, don't hold yourself back, become better for Him! Be real with yourself! Improve!

As Always: Stay Blessed & Encouraged

Comments