His Eye Is On The Sparrow

Firstly, hello dear readers, I know it's been a very long time since I've uploaded to the blog but I pray that all has been well with everyone and that you all have been getting blessings and moving forward in the Lord. Before we dive into this, I just want you to know that it is extremely important to know who YOU are in Christ. Stand firm on His word and go forth with what He has assigned you to do no matter how hard it may be. Don't let your vision, book, or business fall to the ground to collect dust! Finish what you've started! Now then, let's begin.

When I was younger, I always heard the phrase "His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me." Now, I always knew it was a song but being younger, I didn't know it was actually in the bible. So let me walk you through all of this. This song always made me imagine what a sparrow was. At the time, I believed that the sparrow bird was this enormous, glorious, colorful bird. I mean back then, I thought: "well of course God would keep His eye on such a magnificent bird." But as I grew older and actually found out what an actual sparrow looked like, I became overjoyed. Now, stay with me on this: a sparrow is actually a very very small bird, it has small wings, a small beak and it's not colorful at all. I became overjoyed because God can look after a small bird so surely He's seeing me through my situation. Now then, a sparrow is a very small bird and you would think they would be unnoticeable but God keeps His EYE on them. That truly encourages me because the same God that is all mighty & powerful is the same God that keeps His eye on a tiny bird therefore He watches over you because you're THAT important to Him! That's how valuable you are to the King of all kings y'all. It encouraged me to keep going because there are times when being overlooked tries to get to  me and even when I'm doing the best that I can to stay strong for the next person, the enemy tries to make me feel weak or unnoticed but God has called me to be strong and He keeps His eye on me! Knowing that not only encourages me but it also keeps me on my toes to only do things that are pleasing to the Lord and His will because I know that there are others who look at my actions as an example and I want to represent God in a pleasing & humble way.

When I mentioned earlier about the sparrows being in the Bible, I am referring to when Jesus was sending out the apostles with specific instructions in the book of Matthew, I will leave the specific scriptures on here as follows (I am coming out of the New Living Translation) :

Matthew 10:29-31 NLT

"What is the price of two sparrows---one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you a more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows."

After reading over this scripture, it pushed me to stay focused on what God has assigned me to do. It opened my eyes to let me see that God doesn't forget about you in the midst of your situation.  As I have mentioned before, there have been times when the enemy would try to trick me into thinking that nobody cared when I went through a thing. The enemy has also tried to emphasize on the moments where I am overlooked. But God knows me by all the hairs on my head and He keeps His eye on a very tiny bird so that right there is enough for me to know that He watches over me. I am valuable to Him & you are valuable to Him! See, even though you may be going through something and it seems like nobody is aware or asks to see if you're alright, you've got a Father in heaven who covers and protects you. If there's ever a time you feel like giving up, wrap your arms around yourself and call on Jesus. Nothing passes by the King of all kings. I hope that this encourages anyone who has ever felt like their situation goes unnoticed by God. Continue to trust in Him with praying without ceasing and leaning on the Word of God. Keep in mind that there is a scripture for every situation.

As Always: Stay Blessed & Encouraged :)

Comments