A Wife's Personal Confession

Toss the bouquet & light the candles

Becoming a wife is a beautiful blessing in life. Often times, we can forget what being a true wife is all about. It's as if we fall in love with the ceremony and ignore the covenant that we have made. Sometimes we also lose sight of who we are in Christ because we can worry too much about what other people want for our ceremony, or marriage, or our first child. Being a wife is more than just taking your husband's last name. It's about being his backbone when the times are good and bad. It's about covering your husband in prayer and being his best friend to laugh and cry with. It's about those sweet moments of sharing vulnerability that no one else gets to see. It's about being his prayer partner and being encouraging and strong. People, on the other hand, can be a lot on our mental, people might agree with who you have said "I do" to and others may pretend to agree but are secretly waiting for you or your spouse to fall short. The only approval that matters is God's approval, He honors and blesses marriages that He has ordained.
When people try to stick their noses into your marriage or try to put in their 2 cents, whether they have good intentions or not, always run to God first. Protect your mental by blocking out toxic people and not taking everyone's marital advice. How do we know if someone's marital advice is toxic? If they don't keep God first or love both you AND your spouse then it's a no go. As a wife speaking from experience, when you first get engaged, your insanely happy and just can't keep your spouse off your mind and you just want to tell any and everyone about your engagement. 
It wasn't until a few weeks before the actual wedding day that people started showing their true colors. It was as if the world had turned upside down and certain people really did not have our best interests at heart. Even the day of the wedding, some people were so happy for my husband and I while others were just there to be there. It taught me something though, I trusted God and went for it and married my best friend. I didn't have to worry about what would happen next because this was the right decision.
Everyone that you started with won't always be around you when you get married. Some people act out of jealousy or spite while others wish they had your place or that they could live through you, don't be hesitant to use the scissors. Toss the bouquet and light the candles. When you toss your bouquet off to the next woman, you light the candles to the next chapter in your life. People will try to tell you where to work, how to save, what college or career is best for you or what you should do to keep your spouse happy. Yes I know that sounds insane and overwhelming but it is the truth, some people think they know everything that happens in a marriage because they are in one or have been in one.
The truth is...not all marriages are the same, especially marriages that keep God in the center. Your mental health is important when you get married, so many people can get into your mind that you just blow up at the wrong time or person. The person that you have chosen to spend your life with has your back through thick and thin and you should do the same. A wife's personal confession, yes this is so. My personal issue was letting people's opinions about my marriage get to me. I use to question how I looked or how my husband and I operated on living or if I was even good enough. Some people might read this and be like "what, seriously? girl bye!" Well it is the truth.
One day I just had to realize that God was leading my husband all his life and God lead my husband to me and I am still to this day so grateful to have a powerful Man of God to call my own.
I want all the wives and wives-to-be out there to just block out all the distractions and extra noise.
Don't get sidetracked by people who aren't on track. You keep pushing and continue to love and care for your spouse, you are beautiful, intelligent women of God. Wake up in the morning and just tell yourself how beautiful you are. Thank God for your engagement and or marriage, thank Him for your strength and dignity and all the loving memories that you'll build with your spouse.
Don't be afraid or ashamed of what your weak points are or were, once you can come to terms with them, that is when your growth will come in and you'll gain your freedom from people.
Keep this in mind:

People always have something to say as they critique from the sidelines! 

As always, stay blessed & encouraged:)

Comments