The Answer Is...YES!!!

Is your "YES" still a "YES?!"

Hello everyone, I know it's been awhile but I hope all is well and that you are all still pushing forward in the things of God! In my absence of writing, we can just say that I was under some spiritual construction. I almost allowed myself to fall into a place of discouragement and didn't really have my original focus BUT GOD! This past Friday & Saturday of last week brought many blessings to my mindset and spirit. On Friday and Saturday, I had attended a women's conference ran by The Women of War (you can find them on Facebook) and it was held in my church, The Power Church and it really boosted my spirit and Sunday's service was just the icing on the cake. Now the topic of the conference was: Is your yes still a yes? And many women from my church and other speakers really spoke with words of grace and importance and it really blessed me. Not only were their words encouraging but the topic in itself really made me take a step back and look at myself. This time it was hard but at the same time I knew it was necessary. We all can do better in one way or another and we can all let go of the bad things that we have done with TRUE repentance and we can all let go of the bad things that have happened to us with TRUE forgiveness!

Is your "YES" still a "YES?!"

When I first gave my life to Christ, I just thought that everything was taken care of, I could do whatever I wanted and still live a easy life and if I sinned, I would just ask for forgiveness and go right back to sinning. I'm just being honest here y'all, that's not how it works! The practice of sin is WRONG! The practice of sin is WRONG! Now once my husband and I began to come to the church and build our relationships with God, I gave God a yes. I said yes to His will being done and for Him having His way. He heard my yes but so did the enemy. And that's when the enemy tried to take me out with a dog attack (see previous post "I've Got A Testimony") But even with other attacks, and with no attacks I felt like a magnifying glass was right on me, it was uncomfortable because in God's presence, the flesh is weak it can't bare it! The fear of God was really heavy on me and man let me tell you, it really shifted my mindset. I sat here and told God yes and now He wants to see if I meant it. He's really been holding people to the words they speak. And at first I would get mad at the attacks, but nobody said that this walk with Christ would be easy and sometimes people are going to misunderstand you or think you're weird and crazy but that's okay because I'm weird and crazy for Jesus Christ!

Is your "YES" still a "YES?!"

Now then, at the conference, a certain scripture kept popping up which was Luke 9:23 that says: If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own ways, take up your cross, and follow me! (me as in Jesus Christ and I read this from the NLT version) When I first saw and heard this scripture I was like "okay Lord I'll do it" but back then, I didn't know or understand the seriousness of this scripture. You literally have to give the Lord ALL of you and your worries and cares! And recently I finally did this, I gave the Lord all the things and people I care about, I gave the Lord all my worries. So even when storms try to come my way, a YES will still be in my mouth! There are times where I am tired or frustrated and the enemy wants to shut down my praise BUT GOD!!! I understand now that our praise and worship isn't just for ourselves or our situations, it's for others too! So the push is very necessary! Your yes could literally be a blessing to someone else, your praise could break and shift the atmosphere! Your yes can build the people around you up stronger like never before! Saying yes to His will being done will mean giving up time for His work to be done, intercession constantly, praying and fasting and getting up in the early morning and late night hour to seek His face in the Word or going to pray for someone on the street. Even when times get tough and it looks like there is no way out, your yes can move and shift the storms!

The answer is...YES!!!

I encourage you all to keep your yes to God close to you. Treasure it dearly and protect it with your authority! Even when it's hard, (See Romans 8:18) I encourage you to still say YES LORD! Even when it's uncomfortable, say YES LORD! Even when everything is going good, still say YES LORD! Lately for me, I've been standing on this scripture: 1 Thessalonians 5:8 NLT - But let us who live in the light be clearheaded, protected by the armor of faith and love, and wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation! This scripture has really been blessing my mind and it makes me hold onto my Yes like a precious treasure! Put your armor of God on and walk this walk with Christ longing for His will to be done and not our own! Is your YES still a YES?!
As Always: Stay Blessed & Encouraged:)

Comments