Discovering The Beauty In You

Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well! Today I am going to get a little vulnerable... This past week, I have been struggling with self image, I've been thinking either too much or too little on how I look and what kind of features I like and don't like about myself. I've been beating myself up over this self image thing for absolutely no reason! I say this because I had to realize that God has blessed me with life in general. I should be grateful and joyful that I have the ability to breathe and walk this earth. Sometimes this can slip my mind and the pressures of others try to get to me. When this happens, I begin to pray and get back on track with God. There's too much that He has brought me out of for me to be sitting here complaining about what I like and don't like about myself. There are women out here who would love to experience love and to be married...my point is... lets not forget to be grateful for what we have.

When I have moments of questioning my self image, my husband reminds me of how beautiful he thinks I am inside & out. He tells me everything about myself and by me just being myself, he's fallen in love. This is very comforting to hear and know, one thing I'm starting to realize is, is that you've got to discover the beauty within yourself as well. People can see the light in you all day, but if you don't see it yourself then you'll just be trapped inside your own thoughts, overthinking any and everything you do. First of all, God created us in His own image and the sins that we have committed have been forgiven through our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ. This life isn't meant to be lived to focus on ourselves and glorify ourselves, it's to glorify God and spread the Gospel to the world.

Last night, I was in my bathroom, doing my hair and as I looked in the mirror, I just started dancing and smiling at myself because I am alive and most importantly, I'm living for Jesus Christ, striving my best to be a humble servant to the Word and a firm believer. There's so much beauty in that in itself that it brings tears to my eyes, truly. It's beautiful because someone loved us enough to die for our sins so that we can be forgiven and still have unconditional love. This is what makes me feel beautiful and grateful when I have to discover the beauty within myself. I am also very grateful that my husband thinks I'm beautiful inside and out. All of this had hit me hard last night when I was doing my hair. I love doing my hair, it's something in the natural that I enjoy doing. Taking care of my hair is perfect me time and it brings me joy and peace. It's my quiet time.

Even though I still have moments of doubt, reminding myself about how much Jesus Christ loves me, makes me feel beautiful and loved and it inspires me to push, not only in writing, but in life in general. Nothing that anyone has to say about me negatively matters because I have Jesus Christ and when God created me, He made a beautiful plan just for me. Yes, there will be people who talk out the side of their neck, or they'll sneak in slick comments about your appearance, but you don't have to give them any attention. Pray for them instead and keep walking forward, half the time, when people constantly have something negative to say about you, it's because you and your spouse have something that they don't have, send a prayer and keep it moving.

Being a wife can hold a very busy lifestyle, taking care of your family, making sure the house runs smoothly and even being the strong one when it comes down to friends or family that are in need. Don't burn yourself out over people though. Pray for their growth and help when you are able, just don't bend and break to be a ladder for someone else to reach higher heights and then you fall over.. As a Woman of God, you are built with strength, grace, and wisdom on how to handle the things that come your way as a believer and once you get married, it all intensifies. 

As a Wife/Woman of God, take the time to discover your beauty by getting intimate with God. Having intimate moments can be a great self evaluation moment, looking at yourself in the mirror for who you truly are, taking a good, long, hard look at your own heart and nature. Sounds out of your comfort zone? GOOD! Growth is uncomfortable and it doesn't always feel good but it's necessary and rewarding in the end. For myself, that is where the beauty comes from, being able to admit when you're wrong or moving in error and being able to shake the negativity off and get back on track with God. It's about noticing the good in others and remembering who died for your sins and still loves you unconditionally. 

Discovering the beauty in yourself can come in moments when you're doing something you enjoy most. For me, it just so happened to be hair care. What's something that you enjoy doing that you give God praise for? Singing your favorite song? Working out? Writing/Reading? Dancing or maybe playing an instrument? Doing hair/make up/ or even cleaning? Find your intimate moment and give God praise, don't be afraid to re-evalute yourself. And remember: A relationship with God won't get handed to you. You can't sit around waiting for it. You have to go after it, thirst for that relationship with Him. And As Always...

 Stay Blessed & Encouraged:)

Comments

  1. You are such a beautiful person inside and out. I love the humble person that I see when I'm around you. Know that's a God made you just the way He wanted you to be and only you can learn to accept that. We all have had and still have moments in or life where we go through things but with much prayer and most importantly faith we can make it. Even with being a wife it can get hard but we just have to keep pushing. Stay strong WOG and know that you are loved beyond measure. Stay Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. amen praise God.thank you so much glory be to God, i love you so much, it helps

      Delete

Post a Comment